Katrina is an engaging and experienced public speaker. She has presented talks, papers and workshops on her writing and research at festivals, conferences and universities, both nationally and internationally, and as writer-in-residence at schools and libraries in Western Australia, including:
- Eleventh International George Moore Conference: George Moore at Home with Women, Writers, Dramatists, Artists in France, Ireland, in Salon and at Newgrange, University of Limerick, Ireland.
- Tenth International George Moore Conference: Truth, Innovation and Commitment – The Artistic Legacy of George Moore, University of Almeria, Spain.
- Youth Literature Days for The Literature Centre, Fremantle, Bunbury and Albany
- Rockingham Writers Convention, Baldivis
- The Association of French Teachers in Victoria, Melbourne
- Australasian Association of Writing Programs Conference, Melbourne
- Young and Jackson Hotel, Melbourne
- Ex-Libris Festival, Port Fairy, Victoria
- Once Upon a Time in the Wheatbelt, Northam and Dalwallinu
- Darling Range Sports College Writers Festival, Forrestfield
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts and Culture Day, State Library of Western Australia
- AIR Grants Program: Our Story Islands – A Cross-cultural Narrative Journey, Safety Bay
- Sprung Writers Festival, Albany
School Visits and Writer Residencies
Katrina offers a range of motivating author talks, creative writing workshops and residencies designed for both primary and high school students. Her workshops encourage young creators to use written storytelling and visual arts to create vibrant characters for their stories and graphic novels. This playful combination of written and visual storytelling techniques liberates students and encourages creativity.
To book Katrina for a talk, workshop or residency in Western Australia, please contact The Literature Centre on 9430 6869 or email@example.com
For interstate bookings, please contact Katrina via the “Contact” page on this website.